If you want to check your driving licence status in Uttar Pradesh then this article will help you in doing so. We all know licence is a very important document that is required to drive any private vehicle in India. If you want to stay away from the heavy chalan of UP police then I highly suggest you get yourself a driving licence issued.
In India, to get a driving licence you have to first get a learner’s licence and after that, you can apply for a permanent driving licence. After applying for a permanent licence, you have to give a test, and based on that test RTO decided whether to give you a driving licence or not. If you are done with your driving licence test then RTO will deliver you the hard copy of your driving licence to your home address within 30 days.
However, to check the status of driving licence in UP, you don’t have to visit the RTO office, there is an online facility available that you can use to check the Driving licence application status in Uttar Pradesh.
Check Driving Licence Status in UP Uttar Pradesh
If you are interested in checking the status of your driving licence then you can do that online very easily. RTO lets you check the driving licence application status in two ways, either you can visit the Uttar Pradesh state Transport Department or on the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Sarathi website.
Most of you must be confused right now, what kind of application status we can check online, so below I have created the list of driving licence statuses that you check online:
- Driving Licence renewal
- New driving licence
- Change in name
- Change in address
- Add another vehicle class in the existing driving licence
- Learner’s driving licence
- Change of Date of Birth
- Internation driving licence
Steps to Check Driving Licence Status Uttar Pradesh
So as I just said already you can check the driving licence application status online via the state transport website, so below I have provided the steps to do so. Read all the steps carefully.
- The very first step is to visit this URL https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ either on your Mobile or Laptop/PC.
- On the top of the website, you will see menus, simply select “Online Services”.
- Now select “Driving Licence related service” from the drop-down menu.
- It will now ask you to enter your state, so as we are living in Uttar Pradesh, so simply select “Uttar Pradesh”.
- After that click on “Application Status” see the below image for reference.
- It will now ask you to enter your Date of Birth, Captcha, and Application number.
- After entering all the details, simply click on Continue.
- Now your UP driving licence application status will display on your screen.
Steps to check Driving Licence Application Status via Uttar Pradesh state Transport website
Now as I already made the point cleared that you can also check the DL Application status via state or regional transport websites. So, below are the steps to check it, follow all the steps carefully.
- First of all, visit this website http://uptransport.upsdc.gov.in/en-us/
- On the top of the website, you will see the Online Services option, click on it.
- Now from the drop-down menu, select the driving license and then click on “Application Status”.
- You will now again asked to enter your Application number, DOB(Date of Birth), and Captcha.
- After entering all the details, you will be redirected to the next page.
- Now your all information will displayed on the screen.
How much time does it take to show driving licence status in Uttar Pradesh?
As we discussed above that RTO only provides the licence when you pass the test, after passing the test you will receive the confirmation message regarding the passing of test. Now it will take approximately 2 weeks from the date of passing the test to dispatch your driving licence.
After passing the test, I suggest you to check the driving licence status after 1 week at least, once the licence is dispatched you can expect it to deliver to your house within 10 days. So, the whole process will take like a month from the passing of the driving licence test.
How to Contact UP RTO?
Transport Helpline.:-1800 1800 151
UP RTO Office Locations
|Jyotiba Phule Nagar||UP23|
|Sant Kabir Nagar||UP58|
|Chitrakoot Dham, Karwi||UP96|