Last Updated on November 18, 2021 by uptransport
In this article, I will be teaching you how to change address in Driving licence in Uttar Pradesh. So, if you are interested then please read the article till the end.
If for some reason you have migrated from your old address to a new address, and your address has changed now for that reason, then you need to necessarily update it in your Driving License.
As in India, a Driving License is an important document to carry while driving any vehicle, it needs to be updated with the latest information of the candidate.
Nowadays, due to Online Services, You do not need to go to the RTO office for Change Address in Driving Licence, as you can easily do it with just a few clicks!
Driving License Address change Online in Uttar Pradesh
Changing the Address in Driving License has some steps to be followed.
As per The Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, citizens can apply for recording a change of residence address of the registered owner in the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle.
Change of Address of candidate in the Driving License can be done, both in offline mode, and in online mode.
Let’s check, step by step.
Documents required to change the Address in Driving License In The State of Uttar Pradesh
- Application form No. 33
- Proof of Address
- Insurance certificate
- PUC (Pollution under control certificate)
- NOC ( No objection certificate)
How to change address in driving license in Uttar Pradesh
Here is the step-by-step guide, to help you with the procedure involved in changing the address in your driving license in Uttar Pradesh.
- Go and visit the Parivahan Website click here.
- Inside the Online Services Section, go and Select the driving licence related services option.
- Select your state name, here Uttar Pradesh, and proceed.
- Click on the apply for change of address icon.
- Now, Read the instructions carefully and click the Continue Button.
- Enter the Driving License Number and Date of Birth.
- Now, Click on driving licence details, and proceed.
- Click on the Proceed button.
- Now, Select the services section to change address.
- Upload the required documents.
- Proceed, to pay the application fees.
- You have successfully submitted your application for the change of address in driving license.
- Go and visit the local RTO office near you, to change or update the address or other information in the driver license (DL).
- Check your Eligibility for the required work and collect the required form to be filled.
- Make sure you have all the documents that are listed in the form.
- Submit the completed application forms to one of the counters and pay the appropriate fee.
- Verification of details submitted will be scrutinized to check for authenticity to make necessary changes.
Guidelines for Address Changing
Editing and updating the details in your documents must be done under some prespecified guidelines. The Motor Vehicle Act 1988 gives provision to apply for recording a change of residence address of the registered owner in the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle.
Apply for recording the change in residence (within 14 days of address changed) in the certificate of registration of a motor vehicle of the registered owner of the vehicle in Form 33.
Pay the appropriate fee as specified in rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules.
Fee Required For Address Change
The prescribed fee of Rs.500/- will be charged for address change in driving license.
It may vary as per state rules and regulations too.
So, If you have recently shifted your residence, permanently, or at least for a significant amount of time, then you need to make the address changes in your driving license. Important documents like driving license and certificates related to transportation needs to be updated with the recent information, as they can be verified easily. Updating documents and information is now an easy task, as online portals have made the work easy. You can edit your new details through online services provided by the portal of Parivahan.
We hope you successfully got to know all about changing the address in your driving license in Uttar Pradesh through this article. Remember, to not share your credentials with anyone, as it may lead to fraud.
We hope this article helped you in learning about the method to update information on driving licenses in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Stay tuned with us for more such information!