Last Updated on November 30, 2021 by uptransport
In this article, I will be showing you how to find Vehicle details in Uttar Pradesh or UP, so if you are interested to know about the process of finding vehicle owner details in Uttar Pradesh then please read this article till the end.
Finding the details of the vehicle owner can be a task, during a case of hit and run. Or maybe when you need to buy a second-hand vehicle, you may want to know about the vehicle owner. Also if you notice something illegal or annoying being done, you can get to know the ownership details of the vehicle to inform the authorities.
In such cases, finding out the details of a car/bikes owner can be a little difficult, if you don’t even remember the number plate of the vehicle. Vehicle owner details can be found online through the portals if you remember the correct number plate and registration number of the vehicle.
Checking The Vehicle Registration Details
Following are the step by which you can easily check the vehicle registration details online-
- Step 1: First, You need to visit the official website of VAHAN for checking the vehicle details.
- Step 2: Click on the section of ‘Know Your Vehicle Details’.
- Step 3: First create your account with your mobile number, if not already, and then proceed.
- Step 3: Enter the vehicle registration number (Car or Bike Plate Number), and any other detail required.
- Step 4: Enter the human verification code and click on the ‘Search Vehicle’ button.
- Step 5: Make a note of the car or bike owner’s name and other details of the vehicle.
Checking The Vehicle details in Uttar Pradesh Through SMS
To make it easier for the citizens to find out the RTO vehicle information and some details, there is an option of using these services through Messaging Mode also.
Following are the steps to be followed for finding details through SMS mode:
Step 1: Create a new Message and, Enter Your VAHAN Vehicle Registration Number. (Example: VAHAN KA01AD8xx2)
Step 2: Send the SMS to 7738299899.
All the details of the vehicle along with the vehicle owner’s name, RTO details, make and model, RC/FC expiry, insurance details, will be sent to your mobile, in some minutes, through a SMS.
How to Find Vehicle details in Uttar Pradesh
Finding vehicle owner details was a hectic task until it was done completely offline. But now, due to online services provided b y the state and central governments, it is easy to find out the vehicle owner details online.
Following are the steps involved, in finding the vehicle owner details online in Uttar Pradesh:-
- First you need to visit the Vahan Parivahan website Click Here.
- Now, select your state and RTO , click on the proceed button.
3. Go on the Status section, and select the Know Your Vehicle Details option.
4. Now, enter your required vehicle details, like engine number, chassis number, etc.
5. Click on Verify details and proceed.
6. The vehicle details will be shown on your screen.
- How to Renew Learner Licence in Uttar Pradesh
- Birth Certificate Download in Uttar Pradesh
- Apply For A Driving Licence in Madhya Pradesh
A registered Vehicle Owner, is a person, on whose name, the vehicle is registered with the department of Motor Vehicles. He/She is the person, in lawful possession of the vehicle. They will be responsible if any unnatural incident happens to the vehicle, or from the vehicle. Finding the vehicle owner details can be an important task for some cases, when you know the vehicle number/ engine number and need to know the person owning the vehicle.
Nowadays, due to the web portals like Parivahan , Provided by the state governments of India, this task of fetching data about your vehicle, applying for some transport related work or downloading of various documents have become easy, quickie and safe.
Thus, going by the online method, makes your work more efficient and clean.
We hope you successfully got to know all about How to search the Vehicle Owner Details for the state of Uttar Pradesh.
We hope this article helped you in learning . Remember, not to share your credentials with anyone, as it may lead to frauds.
Stay tuned with us for more such information !