Last Updated on November 23, 2021 by uptransport
This article will help you in downloading Birth Certificate in Uttar Pradesh. So, if you want to know how to download a Birth Certificate in UP online PDF then please read this article till the end.
A birth certificate is one of the most important documents you could have. It verifies your existence in Govt records. In India, a birth certificate is used as the base for making of various other documents. It is also used as Date of Birth Proof. This article guides you through the importance of a birth certificate and how to download it in Uttar Pradesh.
Let’s today understand the birth certificate, it’s importance, and how to download it!
Understanding A Birth Certificate!
A Birth Certificate is also known as जन्म प्रमाण पत्र is basically the official document of a person’s existence. It is of the most important document you must have, just like your Adhaar! The term “birth certificate” can refer to either the
original document certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration of that birth.
As per Indian Laws, since 1969, the registration of births of citizens is compulsory, as per provisions of the Registration Of Births And Deaths Act. The Birth certificates are issued by the Government of India
Why are Birth Certificates Important?
The birth certificate is the first official record of a newborn baby in this world, thus they hold a whole lot of importance! The birth certificate records all the details from the name of the child’s parents to the time of birth.
Let’s see some important uses of it:-
- It is the first identification of the newborn, which gives him/her identity and recognition. It establishes the citizenship of the child too in the respective country.
- This certificate and the relevant records maintained at the government offices provide a basis for the calculation of important figures such as childbirth rate and death rates etc.
- It is mainly used for:-
- For admission to schools
- As proof of age for employment,
- For proof of age at marriage,
- To establish age for the purpose of enrollment in Electoral Rolls.
- To establish age for insurance purposes.
- For registering in the National Population Register (NPR).
Procedure To Download Birth Certificate In Uttar Pradesh
So now using the online services provided by central and state governments of India, You can easily download your important documents.
Following are the steps for downloading a Birth Certificate Online:-
- To download your birth certificate, visit the official website of e-NagarSewa.
- Check Citizen Services Section.
- And Click on Birth Certificate options
- Then click on the Download section.
- Fill in the details which are asked.
- Proceed to download.
- You have successfully downloaded the birth certificate.
How to apply for a Birth Certificate in Uttar Pradesh Offline
- Get a Birth Certificate Registration Form from the concerned registrar’s office. The birth certificate is generally issued When a child is born in a hospital. By the hospital administration only. The form is provided by the Medical Officer in Incharge.
- Fill in the form and submit it to the Registrar. Documents such as Birth reports provided by the hospital where the birth tool placed and Identity proofs of the parents are required.
- Once the verification of the birth records (date, time, place of birth, parent’s ID proof, nursing home, etc.) is done by the registrar, a birth certificate is issued to the applicant.
- Under the provision of Section 14 of the Act, a birth certificate can be obtained without the name of the child. In such cases, the name can be entered by the concerned registration authority without any charge within 12 months and by charging the prescribed fee up to 15 years (from the date of registration).
- How to Change Address in Driving Licence Online in Uttar Pradesh
- Apply For A Driving Licence in Madhya Pradesh
- How to Get Fancy Number for Vehicle in Delhi
A birth certificate is thus considered to be one of the most important documents anyone could have. For the making of any government document, you need to have your birth certificate with you. Nowadays, you can easily apply for it, download it, and do all the work using the online portal provided by the government.
We hope you successfully got to know all about birth certificates, it’s uses, and applying online for a birth certificate in Uttar Pradesh, and the process of downloading it.
We hope this article helped you in learning. Remember, not to share your credentials with anyone, as it may lead to frauds.
Stay tuned with us for more such information !