Last Updated on November 10, 2021 by uptransport
If you are living in Delhi and your learner licence is expired then there is nothing to worry about. You can still renew your Expired Learner licence in Delhi. If you want to know how to Renew Learner Licence (Online & Offline) then read the article till the end.
In India, a Learner’s License is the document you must have while driving any vehicle if you are not having a permanent one.
But did you know that the Learner’s License expires within the period of six months?
You cannot drive with an expired Learner’s Licence. You may even have to pay the fine if the traffic police catch you with an expired Learner’s License.
So what to do if your learner’s license expires?
In India, you can either apply for a fresh learner’s license, or you can go for the renewal before the expiry date.
Nowadays, renewing a learner’s license is a very simple thing to do.
If the validity date for the licence is close to expiring, you can renew it to extend the validity. This process can be done online as well as offline.
Where should You apply for a Renew Learner Licence?
As mentioned, You can apply for the renewal process in both offline and online ways.
Let’s see the step-by-step guide for applying for renewal.
Renewing Learner’s License Online-
- Using your mobile or pc, Go to the Sarathi Parivahan website parivahan .
- Select your state name.
- Inside the Learner’s License section, Go for the Expired Learners Licence Again Issue
- Enter details like Learner’s License Number and Date of Birth.
- After submitting details, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and proceed.
- Now you have to pay the learner’s license fees online.
- To pay the fees, Go to the Homepage of the website and click on Fee Payments.
- It will now show you some instructions, if you want you can give it a read and then click on “Proceed”.
- Enter the required details.
- You can pay Reissue fees online: Via Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking or UPI.
- Pay the required amount and the application gets submitted.
- Make sure you have the payment screenshot for safety.
Renewing Learner’s License In Offline Mode –
Here’s how to apply for renewing your learner’s licence offline:
- Visit the nearest RTO in your city/state.
- Ask for the learner’s licence renewal form or directly print them from https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Fill the form completely, and attach all required documents.
- Submit the properly filled form to the respective office.
- Pay the application fees.
- You have to wait for some days for the renewed learner’s licence to arrive at the registered address.
Why should You choose the Online method for renewal ?
There are a number of advantages when you are applying for the renewal of license through online mode. Let’s see some of them:
- Going through the online method is less time-consuming.
- By applying online, you can avoid long queues and crowds at the RTO.
- Online payments are much more safe and quick.
- Online renewal of a learner’s licence can be done from anywhere with internet, using smartphone or computer.
General Questions Regarding Renew Learner Licence-
When should I renew my learning license?
Learner’s License is valid for six months in India. Candidates can apply for a fresh Driving License during this time. However, if the learner’s license expires , then the candidate can either apply for a fresh one, or renew the existing learner’s license, through offline and online ways.
How much do I have to pay to renew my learner’s license?
Generally it is 150/-. The fees may vary from state to state.
Why do I need to renew my LL?
It is necessary to carry a license while driving in our country.
As per The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, anyone who wishes to drive must hold a driving license. However, as per the amendments, the government requires citizens to have a learner’s license, before they apply for a driving license.
The validity period of a learner’s license in our country is six months. It expires after this duration and thus cannot be approved as valid. The holder thus has to reapply for a new learner’s license or renew their existing ones. If the learner’s licence is not renewed on time, it will be considered invalid and holders will not be allowed to learn how to drive.
If you wish to continue learning how to drive in India, you will have to renew the learner licence as soon as the expiry date is reached.
- Download Learner License Soft Copy PDF Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online in Uttar Pradesh
- UP Driving Licence and Learning Licence: Apply Online UP Form 2021
- How to Get Fancy Number for Vehicle in Uttar Pradesh
Here in this article, we explained everything related to renewal of Learner’s licence online in Delhi. Here we tried our best to provide you the working steps to renew expired LL in Delhi. If you have any doubts or if you are getting any error while performing any of the above steps then do let me know and we will try our best to solve your query.
We hope this article helped you in the process of Applying for Renewal of Learner’s License Online.
Stay tuned with us for more such information!